Welcome to Naugatuck Public Schools, a place where our staff feels supported as they work to inspire our diverse student body.
We are seeking qualified candidates who:
- Share our belief that all children have capacities for learning that exceed our current expectations
- See themselves as a learner and is collaborative
- Believe that their practice and their relationships with students is the key to them meeting or exceeding our expectations
- Value the diversity of our community and relationships with families
We asked our community to describe our staff in one word.
This is what they said: adored, affectionate, amazing, asset, awesome, best, blessed, caring, committed, compassionate, conscientious, dedicated, devoted, excellent, exceptional, fabulous, family, fantastic, fire, gem, great, incredible, innovative, inspirational, kind, loving, outsanding, passionate, patient, phenomenal, positive, resourceful, rocks, special, star, superstar, supportive, sweent, talented, terrific, warm, and wonderful!
Why join the Naugatuck Family?
We are a welcoming community filled with people passionate about learning without limits. We recognize that our diversity is our superpower.
Wherever you come from, you belong here.
In a survey of new hires, our staff said the top reason they chose to work in Naugatuck was:
- Welcoming atmosphere (87%)
- Opportunity to make a difference (68%)
- Professional learning opportunities (48%)
- Mentoring/support (48%)
"I understand that Naugatuck holds extremely high standards for both their staff and their students. I am looking forward to working for a district where such a strong emphasis is put on being here for the kids." - anonymous staff survey
Lisa works as a formal mentor to our Teacher in Residence while also supporting her newer colleagues in an informal capacity.
Lisa shares our passion for social emotional learning and building strong relationships with students. 😍