Director of Human Resources
The Human Resources Department and staff is committed to providing leadership and expertise in the development of sound human resource policy, systems and programs that support the achievement of each and every student.
About Mr. Lawlor
I am a career human resources professional with broad and deep experience in labor cost management, collective bargaining, recruiting & staffing, compensation & benefits administration, performance management and employee relations within the manufacturing, corporate and municipal working environments. I was the Board of Education Chairman in Ansonia for 8 years and it was during this period that I made the decision, after 24 years, to redirect my career from the private sector to public sector. In June of 2012, I embraced the opportunity to join Naugatuck as Director of Human Resources in service of the Board of Education as well as the Borough and have been fortunate to be able work in support of providing the best opportunities for our students, families and the greater community.
Education, Certification & Professional Memberships:
- B.S. Human Development & Family Relations - University of Connecticut
- CSDE Certification - 085 School Business Administrator
- CT Association of School Personnel Administrators (CTASPA)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- 30 Years of Human Resources Experience
- 6 Years with Naugatuck Public Schools & Borough of Naugatuck