Athletics are considered an integral part of the school’s educational program. Whether participation is on the intramural, interscholastic, or class level, students have an opportunity to acquire qualities of fitness, self-discipline, and cooperation.
- In order to participate in interscholastic sports the following must be completed:
- Annual Physical completed by a medical professional
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Waiver
- Concussion Waiver
- The NPS informed consent form
- High School athletes must sign and comply with the NHS Student Athlete Handbook (this handbook is posted on the NHS website)
Student interscholastic activities are governed by Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) regulations. Eligibility for participation is governed by state law as well as the regulations of the CIAC.
Students need to be present for at least half of the school day to be eligible to participate in practice or play that afternoon or evening.
Exceptions to this rule will be considered only if the player’s parent explains the unusual circumstances to the principal or designee.
Clubs and Performing Groups
Student clubs, performing groups, athletic teams and other extracurricular activities may establish rules of conduct for participants that may be stricter than those of students in general.