2nd Dose - Vaccine Clinic for Children Ages 5-11
- 2nd Dose - Vaccine Clinic for Children Ages 5-11
- Naugatuck High School, 543 Rubber Ave, Naugatuck, CT 06770, USA
Naugatuck Public Schools and Naugatuck Valley Health District have partnered again to host a COVID-19 vaccination clinic for the children of Naugatuck. Please read the contents of this message carefully as it includes important information and instructions on how to register for our upcoming clinic for children aged 5 to 11 on November 10th at Naugatuck High School, 543 Rubber Avenue. To access the clinic, please park in the gym/pool parking lot (go to the left after entering the main entrance) and enter the gymnasium entrance.
On October 29, 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19 to include children 5 through 11 years of age. To read the full FDA announcement, please visit: FDA Announcement. On November 2, 2021, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended the use of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children aged 5-11 and the use of the vaccine became approved in Connecticut.
Helpful tips from the CDC:
Get a COVID-19 vaccine for your child as soon as you can.
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
- COVID-19 vaccines have been used under the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history, which includes studies in adolescents.
- Your child will need a second shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine 3 weeks after their first shot.
- Your child can’t get COVID-19 from any COVID-19 vaccine, including the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
- Get tips for how to support your child before, during, and after the visit.
- Talk to your child before the visit about what to expect.
- Tell the doctor or nurse about any allergies your child may have.
- Comfort your child during the appointment.
- To prevent fainting and injuries related to fainting, your child should be seated or lying down during vaccination and for 15 minutes after the vaccine is given.
- After your child’s COVID-19 vaccination, you will be asked to stay for 15–30 minutes so your child can be observed in case they have a severe allergic reaction and need immediate treatment.
Clinic Registration Information
The first dose will be administered on Wednesday, November 10th and the second dose will be administered on Wednesday, December 1st. This will allow for your child to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks after the second dose) in time for the winter holidays! Our clinics will be held at the Naugatuck High School. Appointments are required. A parent/guardian must accompany the child to the appointment. Only pediatric doses for children aged 5-11 will be available at this clinic. Please click this link and complete all fields to confirm an appointment time: https://bit.ly/31g3HuG. Each child between the ages of 5-11 must have their own appointment. Save time and bring the attached registration form with you!
You will receive a confirmation email prior to Wednesday that will contain the Emergency Use Authorization document.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, November 10th as we increase our efforts to #VaxtheValley and keep our children in school.